Student visas are granted to bona fide students to pursue regular studies at recognized institutions in India and to persons going for studying to be a Yoga Teacher at recognized and designated Cultural Institutions. The visa is valid for the period of study as approved by the educational/recognized institutions in India. Registration with Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) is required within 14 days of arrival in India if the stay is more than 180 days.
- Signed printout of the online filled application form. In case of Minors (Under 18 years of age) both parents must sign the Declaration part on visa application form
- Two photographs size 2” x 2” inch ( 51 x 51mm ) one uploaded with online application. Do not staple/pin the other photograph
- Original passport with minimum validity of 6 months and at least two blank pages on the passport
- Visa fees — Visa fee and Bank account information will be given after submission of application
- Letter of admission from a recognized Indian educational institution clearly stating the name of the course, its duration and fees charged including (board and lodging) including for courses like yoga, Vedic culture, Indian dance & Music
- Document showing financial support for the tuition fee and stay in India.
- No objection letter from Parents of applicant to study abroad for applicants below 18 years
- Recent utility bill or Bank statement with name and address of applicant printed on it for proof of residence in Iceland (only for non-Icelandic passport holders)